Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Prayer Letter #7


Jen's Journey

July 2013

 

Going, Going, GONE
I cannot believe how quickly the last two years has gone.  I am scheduled to leave on July 7th, very, very early in the morning.  It has been great to see so many people and make memories with so many friends. 
I am so blessed and honoured at the vast number of people that have stood behind me and with me as I work toward this lifelong goal.  Seeing so many at the commissioning held at my church on June 9th was an honour.  I have wonderful memories of that evening that I will never forget. 
My parents are supportive and encouraging.  I have moved home with all of my belongings as I prepare to leave.  I am thankful for their patience as I try to sort all of my belongings into some sort of order.  They have driven me around and supported me as I am emotional during this time. 
Martha has been accepted as an appointee with OMF to Taiwan.  I am so very proud to call her my sister and my best friend.  Please pray for her as she begins her partnership development.  I will miss my best friend but am so very proud of her as well.

Praise                  
-       I have received pledges for the rest of my support! 
-       The conferences went well and God provided many new prayer warriors through that interaction.
-       I finished two more classes and did well in both.
-       I am well on my way to having everything ready for my departure.
-       My 1 year visa came through.
-       For a great time with my family at my commissioning and farewell gathering.

Prayer
-       For safe travels with my July 7th departure.
-       As I say final goodbyes to family and friends
-       That all last minute details will be worked out.
-       That my work visa will be processed quickly.
-       That God will sustain me as I begin Orientation and Language training.

Important Dates
July                  7th                    Leave Toronto for Singapore – IHQ
                        8th                    Arrive in Singapore for Orientation Course  
August            3rd                    Leave Singapore for Bangkok Thailand
Note: I will be attending Language and Cultural Training in Lopburi.  Please see below for my address in Lopburi.          


OMF International, 5155 Spectrum Way, Bldg. 21, Mississauga, ON. L4W 5A1 Toll Free: 1(888) 657-8010 
E-Mail: Jennifer.Oates@omfmail.com Blog: http://jen-journeytoasia.blogspot.com, Skype: jen.oates7   
Canadian Address:   12 Bingham Road, Brampton, Ontario, L6V 2K1 
Thai Address: Jennifer Oates, C/O OMF, 67 Soi Naresuan 3, Tambon Thalechupsorn, Amphur Muang, Lopburi 15000, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment